Widget Image
Widget Image
Widget Image
© International Fire Fighter & MDM Publishing Ltd.

The future of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service – final decision on frontline service changes

Proposals on the future of Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service have today (February 24) been approved by the county’s Fire Authority.

The plans were drawn up by the Service following a comprehensive review of its frontline services. A formal consultation involving staff, the public and all stakeholders was then held between September and December last year.

Councillor Chris Carter, Chairman of the Fire Authority, said: “The Authority has considered the proposals in great detail. I am so grateful to all who took part in last year’s consultation, especially the significant contribution by firefighters and other members of staff at Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service, as it provided valuable feedback which has helped the Authority to make its decision today.”

“We now move forward, accepting these final proposals which we believe will build on the successes of the past to deliver new and improved capabilities for the future. I welcome the next phase of the implementation of the final proposals from April 2016”.

The decision to implement new crewing methods and capabilities, Enhanced, Intermediate and First Response, will see the Service evolve using cutting edge technology.

Chief Officer Dave Curry said: “At the heart of these changes remains our commitment to keeping the residents of Hampshire and our firefighters safe. We will be introducing new capabilities throughout the county to ensure that our firefighters are fully equipped to deliver the best possible service to our communities.

“We will now embark on three years of implementation as we create a smarter, more efficient and more effective service for the residents of Hampshire.”

For more information, go to www.hantsfire.gov.uk

Hampshire_Fire_and_Rescue_Service

Share With:
Rate This Article