With extensive knowledge of customer needs, argus innovations are always designed with the user in mind – whether it’s unique design, unmistakable application of colours or the highest dynamic temperature range. All the cameras allow users to visualise heat energy to see in total darkness and through smoke. In many scenarios the technology can be lifesaving.
The latest range of cameras, the Mi-TIC family, are the lightest NFPA 1801 certified cameras available and all our cameras are manufactured in the UK where they are subjected to the strictest quality processes.
A history of innovation
The argus line of thermal imagers have been serving firefighters for over 35 years. Inventing the first TIC in response to naval ship fires during the Falklands conflict, we made the first ever handheld thermal imaging camera for the fire service.
The TIC was then adopted by UK Naval firefighting personnel to allow users to navigate through smoke filled compartments on naval vessels.
We also designed the first commercial hand-held thermal imaging camera ever used by US firefighters.
The new Mi-TIC cameras
The complete range of thermal imagers are now shipping to firefighters around the world. The new Mi-TIC family came out on top in nearly every brigade trial throughout 2013, scoring highly in image quality, robustness, physical size and seamlessness with firefighter PPE. Standard features across the range include:
- Image and video recording for post-operation and training review
- 6 application specific modes for easier image interpretation
- Dynamic Scene Enhancement (DSE) technology to increase the contrast between the fire and important details at lower temperatures such as exit point and obstacles
- Image Freeze function to investigate potentially high temperature areas in the fire scene (e.g. loft space) with the shortest possible exposure time
- Software configuration tool to customise button functionality
- Space-saving truck mountable charger, capable of charging camera and spare battery simultaneously
Every Mi-TIC is supplied with a unique dual use desktop/in-truck charger station which securely retains and charges both the thermal imager and a spare battery. The charger stations can be daisy chained together, up to a maximum of 6 units.
The Mi-TIC E
The – Mi-TIC E is the world’s smallest high resolution thermal imager for firefighting applications. The camera provides a crystal clear image with dynamic range up to 760ºC (1400ºF) and at the same time see very low temperature objects, which is ideal for casualty searches.
PERSONAL Weighing approximately 765g (1 lb 11oz) the Mi-TIC E is a small format thermal imager that can be easily and comfortably held in the palm of your hand. Unlike many thermal imagers, the Mi-TIC E design allows it to be worn in multiple ways – in the hand, inside a pocket, clipped outside a pocket, clipped to a lanyard or hung around the neck.
SIMPLE With a thumb operated green on/off button and superb start up time of 5 seconds, the Mi-TIC E is simple to use.
SAFE The use of lithium iron phosphate technology ensures the Mi-TIC E delivers 2 hours of battery life over 1,000s of cycles. They are inherently safe due to the use of patented Nano phosphate® technology.
- The lightest and most affordable NFPA 1801 certified thermal imager
- Unique design is small and wearable at just 65g (1 lb 11oz)
- High dynamic temperature range to 760˚C (1400˚F) for excellent detail in day-to-day fire scenarios
The Mi-TIC S
The Mi-TIC S is the world’s smallest thermal imager to feature a large format, high resolution display for advanced firefighting applications. The camera provides a crystal clear image with a superb dynamic range: you can clearly view extremely high temperatures up to 1100ºC (2000ºF) and at the same time see very low temperature objects, which is ideal for casualty searches.
- Larger 3.5” display for a clearer view
- Light-weight at only 870g (1lb 15oz)
- Extended dynamic temperature range to 1100˚C (2000˚F) for greater scene detail in larger, hotter fire scenarios
- Enhanced feature set including laser pointer to aid communication
- Heat/Cold Seeker
- Electronic compass for greater scene awareness
For more information, go to www.argusdirect.com