“More Is Possible”
Santa Barbara, CA, October 25, 2019 – CMC and Harken Industrial are excited to announce the launch of the much anticipated CLUTCH, the latest evolution in rescue and rope access hardware, intuitively designed for ease of operation and optimal descent control. This multi-purpose device was designed and engineered in collaboration by two companies with a collective 90 year history in rope management under heavy loads: CMC, a company with roots in rescue and rope access, and Harken Industrial, a manufacturing company with roots in high-performance sailing.
The CLUTCH is a versatile device that enables the technical rope professional to do more with less. Additional notable features on this innovative device include:
- Single wearable tool suited for efficient hauling, controlled lowering, smooth personal descent, easy ascending and belaying.
- Stainless steel ratcheting and rotating sheave that provide efficient and audible progress capture.
- Rope loading/unloading is secured with an innovative double-latched side plate design that is independent of the device‘s attachment point.
- Anti-panic brake and force limiting features ensure operational safety and overload protection.
- Machined aluminum chassis clad with stainless steel wear guards ensures lightweight durability.
- Integrated becket allows for direct connection of mechanical advantage systems.
- The only 10.5-11.5 mm rope diameter compatible device certified to NFPA 1983 (G-Rated), ANSI Z359.4 and EN 12841/C, 341/2A, and 15151/8 (up to 200m/240kg).
- The CLUTCH and CMC’s G11™ Lifeline can be used together to build NFPA G rated systems using 11 mm rope saving space and reducing weight.
Jason Lusk, Director of Product Strategy for CMC says, “The Clutch was inspired by our customers. We understand that rescue and rope access professionals want to do more with fewer pieces of equipment. The Clutch delivers with a robust, efficient, intuitive and implicitly safe design. From our perspective our goal is about making our customer’s jobs easier and safer and we believe the Clutch meets that objective.”
Sean Cogan, Harken Industrial Sales Manager adds, “In the CLUTCH, Harken Industrial has contributed its core competency — creating high performance load-handling equipment. Combine that with CMC’s expertise in designing products specifically for the rescue and rope access industries, and you’ve got a winning combination for CLUTCH users. We know that the device has the capacity to lessen the margin of error during operations. And we know it’s going to provide more safety and efficiency.”
At launch, the CLUTCH will be available from both CMC (cmcpro.com) and Harken Industrial (harkenindustrial.com). To learn more about the CLUTCH, and to stay up-to-date on the latest product news, visit www.cmcpro.com/clutch