Lightning with little or no rain
Red Flag warnings are in effect in areas of Nevada and Arizona.
Forecasters are predicting thunderstorms with little or no rain Sunday and Sunday evening in southern Nevada and northwest Arizona. Dry lightning brings the threat of wildfire ignitions.
The warnings are in effect until 11 p.m. Sunday.
From the National Weather Service Sunday morning:
* TIMING…11 AM this morning through 11 PM this evening.
* WIND…Generally southwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 20
to 25 mph. Winds near thunderstorms may be erratic with gusts up
to 50 mph.
* HUMIDITY…10 to 20 percent depending on elevation.
* THUNDERSTORMS…Isolated to scattered dry thunderstorms with
little or no precipitation are expected to develop over
southern Nevada and northwest Arizona today, bringing the threat
of cloud to ground lightning strikes and possible fire starts.
* IMPACTS…Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
Go to Source to read more
Author: Bill Gabbert
The post Dry thunderstorms expected Sunday in parts of NV and AZ appeared first on Wildfire Today.