Oshkosh Airport Products, LLC, an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE: OSK) Company, announced today that the company has completed delivery of eight Striker ARFF vehicles to fire departments at the Hawaii airports of Lihue, Hilo International, Ellison Oizuka Kona International, Kahului and Daniel K. Inouye International. The delivery represents a long-standing relationship with the state of Hawaii and its airport fire departments, which have purchased all Striker apparatus since 2004 and make up full Oshkosh Airport Products fleets.
‘For many years, it has been an honour to support the state of Hawaii’s dedicated aircraft rescue firefighting teams by producing Striker ARFF vehicles for airports among the islands,’ said Jack Bermingham, business unit director for Oshkosh Airport Products. ‘The remote nature of the islands’ airports and proximity to mainland US can make accessibility to apparatus aftermarket services challenging in some circumstances. With an Oshkosh Airport Products dealer based on the island of Oahu, Hawaii’s airport fire departments have easy access to critical service support and parts inventory for their Striker fleets.’
Hawaii’s recent apparatus delivery includes:
- Lihue Airport: Two Striker 4×4 ARFF vehicles with a Snozzle HRET
- Hilo International Airport: One Striker 4×4 ARFF vehicle with a Snozzle HRET
- Ellison Oizuka Kona International Airport: One Striker 4×4 vehicle and one Striker 8×8 ARFF with a Snozzle HRET
- Kahului Airport: One Striker 4×4 ARFF vehicle with a Snozzle HRET
- Daniel K. Inouye International Airport: One Striker 4×4 ARFF vehicle and one Striker 8×8 ARFF vehicle both with Snozzle HRET’s
Features of Hawaii’s Striker ARFF vehicles:
- Scania Tier 4 Final Engines
- 50ft (15m) and 65ft (20m) Snozzle HRETs
- Water capacity: 1,500–4,500 gallons (5,678–17,000 litres)
- Foam capacity: 220–630 gallons (757–2,380 litres)
- Dry chemical capacity: 550Ib (250kg)
Other notable attributes of the state of Hawaii’s aircraft rescue firefighting teams’ new Striker ARFF vehicles include TAK-4 Independent Suspension, MADAS data logger system, Hydraulic 10KW generator, crosslay hoses, low-attack bumper turret, in-cab SCBA storage, Command Zone diagnostics, Eco-EFP Foam Measurement, and full firefighting agent capacity with advanced technology features.
Daniel K. Inouye International Airport is located in Honolulu. It’s one of the world’s largest, busiest, and most beautiful airports, covering 4,520 acres of land with four active runways, including the 12,000ft reef runway, the world’s first major runway built entirely offshore. Kona International Airport is located in West Hawaii and accommodates domestic overseas, international, interisland, commuter and general aviation flights. Hilo International Airport is located in East Hawaii and is used for interisland air carrier and general aviation operations. Lihue Airport is the primary airport on the Island of Kauai and handles overseas and interisland flights and Kahului Airport is the primary airport on the island of Maui and receives both overseas and interisland flights.
To learn more about Oshkosh Airport Products and the state of Hawaii’s new Striker ARFF vehicles, visit www.oshkoshairport.com