KME Fire Apparatus, an industry leading manufacturer of fire apparatus, announces the delivery of 10 KME Custom Pumpers and 7 101’ Tractor Drawn Aerials to Orange County Fire Authority. The new trucks will join over 100 KME apparatus currently in service at the Orange County Fire Authority in California.
The custom pumpers and TDA’s are built on KME’s Severe Service TM cab. With a 10” raised roof, the Severe Service TM chassis was engineered in conjunction with the fire service and designed for use in extreme conditions, such as wildland environments or heavy urban use. KME’s Severe Service TM chassis has been subjected to high-volume use with over 1 million miles of real-world testing.
The seven AerialCat TM Tractor Drawn Aerials include feature the following:
- KME Severe Service Cab
- 500 hp engine and Allison transmission
- AerialCat™ 101’ ladder with pre-piped waterway and 300-gallon water tank
- Equipment capacity of double the NFPA requirement of an aerial ladder
The 10 new Orange County Fire Authority custom pumpers include feature the following:
- 176” wheelbase for tight turning radius
- 450 hp engine and Allison transmission
- 1,500 GPM mid-ship pump and a 250 GPM auxiliary pump for pump and roll operations
- 500-gallon water tank and 10 gallons of Class “A” foam feed the onboard direct injection foam system
The Orange County Fire Authority is a regional fire service agency that serves 23 cities in Orange County, California and all unincorporated areas. The OCFA protects over 1,680,000 residents from its 71 fire stations located throughout Orange County.
“We are proud to have dozens of KME’s in service in Orange County. These units are custom built and designed for this busy fire department” said Pete Hoherchak, KME Product Manager. “Congratulations to Orange County Fire Authority and thank you for your continued confidence in the KME product.”
For more information, contact KME or your local KME dealer: www.kmefire.com/find-a-dealer