Wednesday, 9 December 2021
2pm Eastern Time
Hosted by: The National Volunteer Fire Council
Presented by: Hersch Wilson
This webinar will discuss how firefighters can emotionally prepare for difficult calls and how we can ‘bounce back’ from the bad ones. The webinar is interactive to encourage participants to share their own best practices.
Learning objectives include:
- Understanding the importance of mental health in firefighting
- Learning the six factors for building resilience
- Discussing ways to instil resilient practices in departments
- Discussing ways to ‘bounce back’ from difficult calls
- Discussing the responsibilities of officers in helping firefighters manage through the short- and long-term implications
- Remembering the goal: Physically and mentally healthy firefighters.