IDEX Fire & Safety introduces SAMFlows, a sophisticated total water-flow control system that manages all critical aspects of a fire engine’s pump, tank, inlets and discharges, showcasing at the INTERSCHUTZ trade fair.
Recognising the challenges that crews face on the fireground, SAMFlows was developed to improve the safety, speed and efficiency of pump operations.
The automated system ensures immediate availability of water at the right pressure with seamless transition from tank supply to hydrant or draft whilst protecting against hazardous threats including pressure spikes, water hammer and cavitation.
During the critical first five minutes, the pump operator typically has 13 tasks to complete to supply initial attack crews and establish a water source.
With SAMFlows, the pump operator only has to do three of these tasks and SAMFlows takes care of the rest.
By controlling intake, discharge and tank valves, as well as engine speed, SAMFlows manages water supply to the crew, allowing the pump operator to focus on the fireground and crew.
What is SAMFlows?
SAMFlows is an integrated total water control system that manages a fire engine’s pump, tank, inlet and outlet valves.
With SAMFlows, the pump operator can focus on the fireground and the crew, increasing their effectiveness and ability to stay ahead of the crew’s needs. Constant monitoring of the pump allows SAMFlows to pre-empt and prevent water supply issues.
The SAMFlows system manages and safeguards pump operations based on the pump operator’s settings. Instead of a complex fire engine pump panel, all pump controls are held in a robust and intuitive 10in touch-screen display.
Why use SAMFlows?
Integrated total water control system
As soon as SAMFlows is activated it automatically opens the tank-to-pump valve and is ready for the operator to select a discharge.
Manages the fire engine’s pump, tanks, inlet and outlet valves
By controlling tanks, inlet and outlet valves as well as engine speed, SAMFlows manages water supply, freeing-up the operator to focus on the fireground and support the crew.
Replaces pressure governor (electronic controller)
The SAMFlows system replaces the pressure governor and takes care of opening and closing valves based on the pump operator’s settings.
With a single swipe pump operations are controlled using a robust and intuitive 10in touch-screen control centre The control centre gives an overview of the water-flow status.
Features of SAMFlows
- Seamless water-flow, delivering water to the attack crew instantaneously
- Simplified pump operations with single swipes of the screen, on a clear interface with visual aids
- Takes care of water supply, pressures, and hazards, including pressure loss, pressure spikes, water hammer and cavitation
- Simultaneously Multi-pressure management on different lines.
Benefits of SAMFlows
- Improves the safety of the fire crew
- Enhances firefighting abilities with only one pumper at the scene
- Gets water to your attack crew quickly and seamlessly
- Gives the fire operator freedom to focus on the fire grounds.
Benefits of SAMFlows to OEMs
- Easy and cost effective to install
- Meets firefighters’ needs by improving the performance of their engines and equipment
- Low maintenance and highly resistant solution
- Handles complex and time-consuming issues.
For more information, go to www.samflows.com