Creating better associate experiences keeps this NorthCoast 99 Award-winning company going strong
Fire-Dex, headquartered in Medina, Ohio, manufactures and maintains PPE for first responders by putting the needs of the workplace first. It’s how the company attracts top talent – people that drive results and create advantages. Selected for the seventh time as a NorthCoast 99 Award recipient, Fire-Dex is guided by winning HR initiatives that keep the company’s associates at the center of its successful blueprint.
NorthCoast 99 is an awards programme that honours 99 great Northeast Ohio (NEO) workplaces for top talent. Developed in 1999 by ERC, a trusted business leadership resource for NEO organizations and others, the NorthCoast 99 programme collects information and surveys on HR activities and celebrates standout companies with an annual awards event.
‘Growth and innovation happen when you not only attract but also retain the right people who provide a competitive edge,’ said Jamie Marks, Human Resources Manager for Fire-Dex. ‘Our commitment is to matching company needs with associate expectations and continually improving that experience. We believe everyone should look forward to going to work and being a part of a positive culture that has incredible benefits.’
Seven best practices
In recognizing its seventh win of the NorthCoast 99 Award and the people it represents, Fire-Dex points to seven HR policies and principles that help its associates know, love and feel supported in their roles:
- For over 35 years, the Fire-Dex Family philosophy has served as the bedrock of the company’s culture and client strategy. At Fire-Dex, caring for first responders starts with enthusiastic and talented individuals who train, teach and encourage each other to strive toward mutual goals. This includes open communication starting with monthly town hall meetings.
- Diversification in the workforcecontinues to add new perspectives that help the company better understand and respond to different nuances within a growing marketplace.
- Consistent scheduling for hourly positions, core meeting hours and ‘no meeting’ dayshelp associates prioritize work focus time, time away, and health and sleep needs with less work stress.
- Work from home optionsfor most office positions give associates more leeway, flexibility and creativity to be proactive in accomplishing their tasks.
- Paid parental leaveandadoption and foster child placement aidallow families to build strong ties while balancing their work lives.
- Dedicated traininginstils common values in associates and shows a commitment to providing them with the resources they need to succeed.
- Weekly performance and production incentivesandovertime opportunities provide associates access to additional compensation or greater schedule flexibility.
Join the Fire-Dex Family
Fire-Dex is hiring people with a passion for purposeful work who value excellence and harmony in their professional life. With openings in Medina and around the country, including remote work, there are opportunities to be a part of a collaborative team in a positive environment while helping to serve firefighters and first responders.
‘We want to build up the communities where we operate by being a great workplace for top performers,’ said Marks. ‘If our people are thriving, then our business can too.’
Organizations can learn more about attracting and keeping invaluable talent through the NorthCoast 99 Winner Practices Report. The report highlights workplace trends and real examples of polices and benefits from this year’s award-winning companies.
Career seekers can visit firedex.com/employment to learn more about open positions and meet the team.