Storm Christoph will bring heavy rain to parts of Cambridgeshire over the next few days, and severe weather warnings have been issued.
Heavy rain and flooding is likely from today (Tuesday), and throughout Wednesday and Thursday.
We’re encouraging everyone to sign up for flood alerts in their local area.
If you need to report a flooded area, either a property or a road, you can by visiting the Cambridgeshire County Council website.
Keep safe during flooding
- Think about flooding before it happens. Sign up for free flood warnings and create a personal flood plan.
- Stay out of flood water. Most injuries are caused by people falling into fast flowing water or hidden dangers under water.
- Do not drive through flood water. It may be deeper than you think and you do not know what may be hidden by the water. It is not worth the risk.
- If you come into contact with flood water wash your hands to reduce the risk of any illness.
- Know how to turn off your gas, electricity and water before flood water enters your home.
- If you take regular medicines, keep them close at hand in case you have to leave your home quickly due to flooding.
- What to do in the event of flooding
Have you downloaded what3words?
Emergencies can happen anywhere and identifying precisely where help is needed is critical.
In an emergency, where a location is difficult to describe or there are no obvious landmarks nearby, you can give your three-word address from the what3words app to our control room.
Already this year it has helped us rescue two people, one stuck in flooding and one who was reporting an outdoor fire.
Be prepared. Download it now for free from your phone app store.
For more information, go to www.cambsfire.gov.uk