Pierce Manufacturing Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE:OSK) company, kicked off its FDIC 2022 exhibition featuring 14 fire apparatus and the latest product and technology advancements. Highlights included the Pierce Volterra Platform of Electric Vehicles and introduction of the next generation Pierce Ultimate Configuration (PUC) water pump with flow capabilities up to 2,000 gallons per minute.
At the opening of the FDIC 2022 exhibition hall in Indianapolis, Indiana at Lucas Oil Stadium (booth #8807) on Thursday, 28 April, Pierce spotlighted the vast scope and significance of the company’s fire apparatus innovations which have propelled the industry forward for years.
‘During the week at FDIC, our team, along with representatives from our extensive dealer network, enjoyed meeting with firefighters one-on-one, hearing their needs, and sharing how our fire apparatus configurations support fire departments throughout the US and Canada,’ said Mike Dufrane, vice president of sales for Pierce Manufacturing. ‘Following the placement of the first electric fire truck in service in North America last year, we were excited for FDIC attendees to hear first-hand from the department representatives who operate the fire truck each day, and our partners who help integrate electric vehicle charging infrastructure.’
Pierce’s FDIC 2022 featured fire apparatus Included:
- (2) Enforcer Volterra Pumpers (Madison, Wisconsin and Portland, Oregon)
- Enforcer PUC Pumper with flow capabilities up to 2,000gpm
- Arrow XT 100ft Heavy-Duty Low Profile Steel Aerial Ladder
- Enforcer Ascendant 100ft Heavy-Duty Aerial Tower with mid-mount configuration
- Arrow XT Ascendant 100ft Heavy-Duty Aerial Tower with mid-mount configuration (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Enforcer 75ft Heavy-Duty Aluminium Aerial Ladder (Miami Dade, Florida)
- Enforcer Ascendant 107ft Heavy-Duty Aerial Ladder – Single Rear Axle (Haldimand County, Ontario)
- Velocity Ascendant 107ft Heavy-Duty Tiller Aerial Ladder (West Des Moines, Iowa)
- Enforcer Heavy-Duty Rescue Pumper (New Haven, Indiana)
- Arrow XT Pumper (Port Alleghany, Pennsylvania)
- Velocity Pumper (Plano, Texas)
- Frontline Communications C-40X-4 Mobile Command Unit (Frederick County, Maryland)
Other booth highlights included:
- Two electric pumpers and charging infrastructure solutions including North America’s first-in-service electric fire truck – The City of Madison, Wisconsin Fire Department’s Volterra electric pumper and Portland, Oregon Fire & Rescue’s Volterra electric pumper. Representatives from Madison are available for Q&A.
- Electric vehicle charging infrastructure and representatives from EnTech Solutions – Pierce’s expert energy solutions provider.
- The next generation PUC – superior fire apparatus pump design and fire suppression upgrades with enhanced flow capabilities up to 2,000gpm and standard features for unmatched serviceability, improved safety, flexible layout options and more storage capacity.
- Pierce CZ Connect Fully Integrated Telematics Solution providing remote access to vehicle data from anywhere. Available in feature packages which provide the users’ desired level of dashboards for diagnostics, maintenance, operational overview and more.
- Representatives from PACCAR, the global leader in the design and manufacturer of diesel engines, were on-site at Pierce’s FDIC booth to discuss the industry-leading design attributes of the MX-13 engine.
Following Pierce’s FDIC opening remarks, event attendees had a hands-on and interactive opportunity to experience Pierce apparatus and technology innovations first hand. Representing regions from across North America, fire trucks on display featured the most advanced operational performance, the latest chassis design, pump panels, aerial configurations, electrical systems and much more.
Dufrane added: ‘Our team understands the significance a fire apparatus purchase represents for a community, and we are proud to share best-in-class options. Pierce platform experts and representatives from the strongest dealer network in the country were present to walk booth visitors through our FDIC exhibit to share attributes of our products and service support which will help ensure a strong return on investment.’
For more information, go to www.piercemfg.com