Due to the rapid spread of coronavirus, the world’s leading trade fair INTERSCHUTZ has been postponed to 2021.
The motto, “#whateverthechallenge”, that has been proclaimed for this event however still remains as guiding principle for ZIEGLER. The company now presents the latest innovations in the context of the “Innovation Rollout 2020”. After the ALPAS of the latest generation has been introduced to the market, the rollout now continues with the presentation of the new operating concept.
Z-Control – Benchmark among the operating concepts
Z-Control was presented in 2010 at the INTERSCHUTZ in Leipzig. Over the following 10 years, Z-Control has established itself in the market and is now the leading technology in the industry.
Clearly arranged, logical, easy to understand and simple to use even while wearing protective equipment and gloves. These are the demands for operating elements in firefighting vehicles. Z-Control meets them all – without restrictions.
No matter whether adjustably arranged on the vehicles’ dashboard or ergonomically positioned as pump control panel: the Z-Control convinces the user with a very clear and user-friendly structure. On the control panel, the operator has an overview of all functions. Large buttons allow the easy operation even while wearing gloves. Of course, all other components such as a light mast or generators can be operated via Z-Control as well.
If the product is already excellent – why is there still room for improvement?
One of ZIEGLER’s promises is the consistent development and improvement of its products.
This presupposes that even successful products and systems have to be questioned and improved constantly. It is very important for ZIEGLER to meet or even exceed the current and future needs and requirements of customers worldwide.
There, ZIEGLER has not even stopped at the proven Z-Control. Nowadays topics such as operating safety and the ease of learning also come into play in the development. The construction and design team of the ZIEGLER Group has taken Z-Control up to the next level, taking into account practical experience, customer feedback and incorporating the latest trends and technologies.
The development process was accompanied by careful application analyses, operating logics and internal and external test procedures. In several workshops the requirements for a new control concept were developed by taking care of different interest groups. One of the main tasks was the analysis and optimization of the current user-friendliness. User surveys, field studies and rapid prototyping were used for this purpose.
In addition to meeting customer requirements, our main focus was also not only to meet but also to exceed current national and international standards. For you as user and customer this means that you acquire a tested HMI system that has passed all practical tests with flying colors. Furthermore, sustainability plays a special role for us. Z-Control can be configured differently at any time as it is exchangeable and expandable.
The modules of Z-Control can be networked with each other as well as with the “operator”, the mission control center, the fire station and – if desired – with the ZIEGLER Customer Service Center in the future.
Of course, the new Z-Control has some advantages over the previous Z-Control. Which exactly these are, will be clearly shown in the following 10 points:
10 good reasons for the new Z-Control:
- Identical user interface for all vehicles and components of the ZIEGLER Group: for the Ultra Power as well as for the Z-Class, for a standard vehicle as well as for a turret.
- Safe operation, glove-friendly and intuitive user guidance (through light color and light animation): only the functions that can be activated will be visible on the interface.
- Assistance system for warnings, errors, status displays and other information.
- Training mode possible – the entire system (the vehicle) optionally can be set on training mode and the operator can perform for example a simulated foam application.
- The housing consists of one shell each (in contrast to two shells before) and are sealed with the operating foil. Therefore the operating units are absolutely waterproof in both vertical and horizontal positions.
- Maximum flexibility in the combination of functions through modules that can be combined individually in various housings or in operating control panels. These can be used in standard or special vehicles and in the dashboard of the new Z-Class.
- New series of mobile intelligent control units such as Plug’n’Play or Multi-Connect interfaces are available on products and vehicles in a variety of ways.
- Ergonomic attachments to ensure that the control unit sits comfortably in the hand.
- Integrated telematics function for future access to all important data.
- Flexibly expandable according to customer requirements – if necessary, many functions can be changed, exchanged or added later.
The new Z-Control is available from now on for every type of vehicle and will already be used in the first vehicles which would originally have been presented at INTERSCHUTZ. Of course ZIEGLER will also report on the first vehicles with the new Z-Control.
For more information, go to www.ziegler.de